ICC has worked with numerous public clients over the past sixteen years to explore the opportunities that might exist for them to develop a multi-use event center, a multiple ice surface arena, a field house or a hotel and conference center.
ICC has been retained to explore all possible opportunities that might exist for the development of a community centric facility. ICC also works with municipalities and private developers to secure primary and secondary tenants for a variety of products that may be envisioned by a community or private sector owner/operator.
Our executive team has a long history of involvement in the hockey industry from coaching and management of amateur and collegiate hockey teams to being one of the original founders and President of the Central Hockey League (CHL). As such, we are extremely well prepared to help our clients secure the appropriate level of hockey tenant for their facility.
The company works closely with large international firms who specialize in the preparation of needs analysis, feasibility studies and economic impact analysis. Specifically, Sierra Planning and Management in Canada and Hunden Strategic Partners in the United States.
I. Consulting Services Clients:
- ICC is a strategic partner with the Canadian Women's Hockey League (CWHL) and is responsible for overseeing all new arena development as well as providing guidance on exisiting facilities.
- City of Chatham, Kent, Ontario. Mixed Use Development and a Multi-Purpose Events Center
- City of Racine, Wisconsin. Hotel and Events Center Development
- City of Dawson Creek, British Columbia. Design review of spectator arena.
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Development of a covered ice rink addition to their existing arena complex.
- Union College, Schenectady, New York. Review of current ice refrigeration system and arena renovation plans.
- City of Chelan, Washington. Delivery of a covered ice rink pavilion concept.
- City of Lebanon, Tennessee. Worked with the former Mayor and Nashville developers to construct a multipurpose events center within a mixed-use development project.
II. Feasibility Analysis:
- City of Spruce Grove, Alberta. Feasibility, conceptual design, operating modeling and economic analysis. ICC worked as a sub-consultant to Sierra Planning and Management.
- City of Penticton, British Columbia. Phases 1 and 2 for the development of a multipurpose event center.
- City of Penticton, British Columbia. Phase 1 and an enhanced study relative to the design, construction and financing of a twin pad ice arena complex to attach to the existing SOEC.
- City of Williams Lake, British Columbia. Full study and conceptual design of a multipurpose event center.
- City of Lamarque, Texas. Full study, conceptual design and operating proforma for a multipurpose event center. ICC worked in association with NuStadia Development.
- City of White Rock, British Columbia. Developed a conceptual design and cost analysis for the repurposing of the city curling rink into a hockey facility.
- City of White Rock, British Columbia. Completed a site analysis and conceptual design for the addition of a second ice surface to the existing Centennial Arena.
- Semiahmoo Minor Lacrosse Association. Developed a site plan, conceptual design and cost analysis for a covered outdoor lacrosse facility.
- City of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. Developed a cost analysis for a new multipurpose events centre. ICC worked as a subconsultant to Sierra Planning and Management.
- Fort McMurray, Alberta. ICC was selected to develop a P-3 model which included the design, construction, financing, maintenance and operation of a downtown arena and hotel development. ICC worked in partnership with the Plenary Group (financing), SMG (facility management), Stuart Olson Construction (general contractor) and the Northland Group (hotel and restaurant owners/operators).
- Grand Junction, Colorado. ICC cooperated with Hunden Strategic Partners and Sink Combs Dethlefs Sports Architects in the feasibility and economic analysis, the design and the public campaign to construct a multipurpose event center and conference and hotel facility in downtown Grand Junction.
- City of Prescott, Arizona. Development of a feasibility study and operating proforma for a multipurpose events center to be located within a mixed-use development project.
- City of Yuma, Arizona. Phase I Feasibility and Preliminary Design Studies.
FEASIBILITY, CONSULTING SERVICES & CLIENTS